COVID-19 – How You Can Support Your Studio
This is certainly a stressful time for all of us. It is even more stressful for those who depend on their jobs to meet their basic needs such as rent, food, transportation, etc.
While the current MA State law is prohibiting gatherings of over 25 people, we are prioritizing your health and making sure that there are absolutely no chances of exposure and potentially spreading the virus to others. We chose to keep our doors closed until further notice.
We thought we’d share a list of things you can do to help the studio(s) you love stay afloat during this difficult time:
- If it is financially feasible, keep your membership active. I recently came across an instance where a gym was struggling to figure out whether they should close or not after the 25 person ban was put in place. They made a Facebook post about this. One gentleman spoke up and reiterated how important it is to remain home and he volunteered to continue paying his fees to help the gym until the situation was resolved. Others jumped in and offered the same. Most studios are offering perks and free online classes in exchange for active memberships to members and pass holders, ourselves included! Consider taking advantage of this.
- Book Skype (or other video conferencing app) private lessons with your instructors! Reach out to them and make the arrangements!
- Stay active by using the online resources studios are putting in place. We have created an online learning portal where we will be uploading free short workouts and some longer paid content to keep you moving!
- Participate in the online conversations as much as possible! If there’s a Facebook group, use it! Follow the social media pages and stay up to date and in touch with your studio and peers! There’s no reason why we can’t have online, safe fun!
- Be patient and stay informed!
Feel free to share!